Validate your plan
By the end of the Prepare phase, you know much about the microjourney™ and the first Minimum Lovable Product (MLP) release. Once your microjourneys and MLP are defined, you review the project plan.
The project plan elements include:
- Project team – Is the team adequately resource based on your understanding of the microjourney?
- Sprint plan – Is your work schedule and timing for your MLP achievable given your team members' capacity?
- Key risks – Are there issues with the technical architecture that need to be addressed (such as integrations that might impact successful delivery)?
- RAID log – Is the RAID log (Risks, Actions, Issues, and Decisions) up to date with new information discovered during the Prepare phase?
- Assumptions – Are the assumptions made during the Discover phase still valid; have any new assumptions been raised?
A thorough Prepare phase ensures that your project team is set up successfully to build a solution to achieve the desired business outcomes. If there are issues or discrepancies at this point, the governance process can be used to prioritize and agree on any decisions that require further conversation.
Check your knowledge with the following interaction.