You have been given a .csv file containing users that need to be added or updated in the application. The .csv file aligns to the Pega Sales Automation™ standard format and is ready for import using the Data import wizard. The file contains all available fields and only new operators should be added, existing operators should not be updated.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Use the Data import wizard to import the CSV file.
Task 2: Verify that import was successful.
1 Use the Data import wizard to import the CSV file
- Log in to your exercise system as the sales operations user.
- On the left, in the Explorer panel, click Tools. The Tools options are displayed.
- From the Tools page in the Files options, click Data import wizard. The Import Data screen is displayed.
- From the Import records to drop-down, select Operator.
- Click Choose File and select the Operators.csv file.
- From the Purpose drop-down, select Add only.
- Click Next to proceed. The Map fields screen is displayed.
- From the Template drop-down, select the SA_Operators to map the fields in the file.
- Click Next to proceed to the Import options screen.
- Click Start validation to validate the file content and proceed to the Validate and review screen.
- Verify that the validation returned no errors. Click Continue import to begin the import process.
- When the import completes, click Finish to close the Data import wizard.
2 Verify that import was successful
- On the left, in the Explorer panel, click Operators to display the list of operators.
- Verify that the following operators from the Operators.csv file were added to the application.
- Arman Hassan
- Sky Wallis
- Lilia Craig
- Willie Connelly
- Javan Petersen
- Mysha Townsend
- Shakil Mccallum
- Yasmeen Cherry
- Cerys Lancaster
- Ksawery Sears
- Sylvie Wall
- Abida Golden
- Andreea Kirby
- Simeon Bassett
- Bailey Flower